Shareable link to our Summer 2022 camp registration: https://bit.ly/VT-Summer2022
(Full descriptions are provided in following pages.)
All camps are free, and equipment is provided.
All camps are also:
- 9am to noon in-person
- hands-on, skills-based experiential learning
- allow for some extended participation in afternoons
- located at our Virginia Tech campus next to West Falls Church Metro (Orange Line)
1. AAUW Wearable Tech (June 27-June 30) - suggested ages 12-18 (exceptions considered)
Co-sponsored by the Arlington Chapter of the AAUW, this camp was originally designed for girls,
and now welcomes all participants ages 12-18 (MS or HS). Participants will build simple LED and servo motor circuits that are controlled by programming an Arduino microcontroller. These skills will be applied to a creative wearable device that uses the same Arduino microcontroller and allows you to program and operate the device. Many other fabrication tools and skills will be introduced, including safety precautions.
2. Urban Agricultural and Environmental Technologies with IoT (August 1-4) - suggested ages - 14-18 (exceptions considered)
Participants will identify real-world, urban agriculture and environmental challenges or problems, research and model potential solutions, and then test and redesign prototypes. A variety of materials will be complemented with electronics monitoring, sensors and actuators addressing agricultural and environmental needs. Support for county fair or science and engineering fair brainstorming is available.
Proceed to https://bit.ly/VT-Summer2022 to register.
Questions? Email STEM@vt.edu or call 571-4828298